MORE Power Photo Competition will award the overall best image with P15,000 cash prize.
The entries should highlight the power utility’s “Bringing More to Life” tagline.
Deadline for submission of entries will be on February 8, 2021.
MORE Power, Iloilo City’s electricity distribution utility, is holding a Photo Competition that seeks to highlight the importance of energy in our daily life. The grand winner will get a P15,000 cash prize.
MORE Power recently launched of its search for “MORE Power Image Photo 2021” that can best depict its tagline “Bringing More To Life.” The photos should illustrate how energy is significant to our modern way of living and convenience and how exactly it powers our daily lives. The initiative is in collaboration with the Photographic Society of Iloilo.
“Energy drives the modern world and underpins every other issue. We depend on it for just about everything in our homes and businesses. In fact, we cannot perform most of our daily tasks without it. And while we know that people do appreciate its value, we would like to see it in visual form,” More Power said in a statement.
MORE Power Photo Competition Prizes
Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:
- Overall Best MORE Power Image 2021 P15,000
- Sub-category 1: (Empowering Education 2021) P10,000
- Sub-category 2: (Power Impacts on the Environment 2021) P10,000
- Sub-category 3: (Most Popular Photo 2021) P10,000
- 10 photo runners-up P1,000 each
Aside from the cash prize, the winner of the “Overall Best MORE Power Image 2021” will also be used as a cover image on the Coffee Table Book to be launched by MORE Power this year.
The over-all winner including the winners of the three sub-categories will be chosen from the 14 best photo entries. The remaining 10 will be declared as runners-up.
All the selected “14 best photos” culled out from all the entries will be featured on MORE Power website and social media platforms to reach a passionate audience and raise the entrants’ profile as conscientious energy photographers, and in the process get the participation of MORE Power-Iloilo Page Likers to select the “Most Popular Photo.”
The Working Committee will post the “14 best photos” at the MORE Power-Iloilo Page (@MOREpowerIloilo) and the photo with the most number of hearts will be declared the tilt’s “Most Popular Photo 2021”. Deadline for the generation of “heart votes” is on February 14.
How to Join the Photo Competition
ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to all photo enthusiasts–professionals, amateurs, and students—who are residents of Iloilo City. Only 1 entry per participant is allowed.
Employees of MORE Power, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity, are disqualified from joining the contest. Members of the Photographic Society of Iloilo are also disqualified from joining the competition.
- Must be original (photo enhancement and manipulation are not allowed).
- Must be in high-resolution (300 dpi), digital format (jpeg), landscape, and in 2mb minimum capacity.
- Only the use of any smartphone/digital camera (dslr/mirrorless) is allowed. Drone photos are not allowed.
- Photo entry should be taken within the city limits only in accordance with the contest theme.
- Photo entry must be identified with the following details: Full name of the entry sender, complete address, and mobile number. The entry must have a title and a caption.
- Must not bear any signatures, stamps, watermarks, copyright marks, or any other identifying symbols.
- Entry must be in color only. Judges will value the unusual and the dramatic viewpoints not seen before; so originality will play a vital part in the way judges will view your submission.
- In grading the entries, the ten (10) point system shall be adopted by the judges with decimal points allowed–10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.
- The decision of the panel of Judges, composed of a chairman and two (2) members, is final. Appeal will not be allowed.
- Photo entry should be uploaded on the designated contest email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is on February 8, 2021. Only photos taken from January 18, 2021 to February 8, 2021, will be officially accepted as entry to the contest.
COPYRIGHTS & USAGE RIGHTS: