As part of its 4th year anniversary celebration, More Electric and Power Corporation (MORE Power) extended help in the fire-ravaged communities of two villages in Molo district.
A residential fire engulfed 234 houses in Barangays West Habog-Habog and Zone 2, San Juan in Molo district past 4 a.m. on Saturday, January 28.
Of the 234 houses affected, 172 were in West Habog-Habog village and 62 in San Juan.
On February 10, MORE Power representatives visited the victims in the Molo fire which are now temporarily housed in Baluarte Elementary School. Employees of the Iloilo City’s sole power distributor donated relief packs for over 1,000 affected residents.
Included in the relief packs are personal necessities of children and elderlies, to the delight of these internally displaced persons.
The initiative is part of corporate social responsibility of MORE Power Iloilo, who is very active and sincere not only in improving the electric distribution utility in the city, but also helping the Ilonggo community, especially those in dire circumstances.
This is also in line with the MORE Power’s monthlong anniversary celebration as Iloilo City’s distribution utility. Here’s the complete schedule of activities:
- FEBRUARY 13, 2023 8:30 AM – 12:00 NN: BLOOD LETTING ACTIVITY at 2ND FLOOR, TRAINING ROOM GST BLDG.
- FEBRUARY 14, 2023 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM: THANKSGIVING MASS at CARMELITE MONASTERY, SAMBAG JARO
- FEBRUARY 15, 2023 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM: TURN-OVER OF SEEDS DONATION at USWAG AGRI NURSERY, TACAS, JARO
- FEBRUARY 16, 2023 11:00 AM – 12:30 AM: EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY at GST BLDG., 2ND FLOOR LOBBY
- FEBRUARY 16, 2023 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: PARTNERS’ RECOGNITION NIGHT at SEDA HOTEL, ATRIA PARK SAN RAFAEL, MANDURRIAO
- FEBRUARY 17, 2023 5:00 AM – 9:30 AM: EMPLOYEE FUN RUN at ILOILO ESPLANADE
- FEBRUARY 18, 2023 6:00 AM – 7:30 AM: FINGERLINGS RELEASE in ILOILO RIVER