DOH reported 13 new COVID-19 cases in Western Visayas, the highest one-day record in the region.
Total cases now at 177 with 109 recoveries and 11 deaths.
Department of Health Region 6 reported 13 new Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in Western Visayas on Saturday, the highest count of additional cases in a day.
In a Case Bulletin No. 86, DOH-6 said that the 13 new cases are all Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) and repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who are all asymptomatic. Those who tested positive are the following:
• WV165: 36-year-old female from Cadiz City, Negros Occidental (LSI)
• WV166: 22-year-old male from Escalante City, Negros Occidental (LSI)
• WV167: 43-year-old male from Silay City, Negros Occidental (LSI)
• WV168: 36-year-old male from San Carlos City, Negros Occidental (LSI)
• WV169: 38-year-old female from Binalbagan, Negros Occidental (OFW)
• WV170: 10-year-old male from Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental (LSI)
• WV171: 32-year-old female from Bago City, Negros Occidental (OFW)
• WV172: 45-year-old female from San Carlos City, Negros Occidental (OFW)
• WV173: 23-year-old male from Bacolod City (OFW)
• WV174: 22-year-old male from Jaro, Iloilo City (LSI)
• WV175: 22-year-old female from Alimodian, Ilolo (LSI)
• WV176: 33-year-old female from Cuartero, Capiz (OFW)
• WV177: 31-year-old female from Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental (LSI)
These 13 new cases are included in the 881 laboratory results released by the region’s two testing labs, the Western Visayas Medical Center Sub-National Laboratory in Mandurriao, Iloilo City and Teresita Jalandoni Provincial Molecular Laboratory in Silay City, Negros Occidental.
In the latest tally of DOH-6, total COVID-19 cases in the region is now at 177, with 57 active cases. The agency also reported 109 recoveries and 11 deaths.