Gov. Defensor Jr to station the newly-created Provincial Quarantine Team at all ports of entry in Iloilo Province.
The PQ Team will monitor incoming OFWs, LSIs and other passengers to enforce the vital health and protective measures against spread of COVID-19.
Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. issued Executive Order No. 134 creating the Provincial Quarantine (PQ) Team to harmonize quarantine procedures in the province of Iloilo.
The team shall be stationed at all ports of entry in the province and shall collaborate with the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP), Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA), and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ).
It is chaired by acting Provincial Administrator Atty. Suzette A. Mamon and vice-chaired by Provincial Health Office head Dr. Patricia Grace Tabado. Provincial Heath Officer I Dr. Ma. Socorro Quinon is the co-vice chairperson.
The members include Dr. Cynthia Ng, Hospital Management Office chief; Gilbert Marin, Provincial Tourism Officer; Francisco Heler Jr., Public Employment Service Officer; Dr. Darel Tabuada, acting provincial veterinarian; Dr. Jerry Bionat, chief of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office; Jose Nereo Lujan, head the Public Information and Community Affairs Office; and Dr. Neneth Pador, Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office chief.
Other members are Teodora Sumagaysay, provincial director of the Department of the Interior and Local Government; Police Col. Paul Kenneth Lucas, provincial director of the Iloilo Police Provincial Office; Dr. Lino Gregorio, Medical Officer IV of the Bureau of Quarantine; Jose Venancio A. Vero Jr., MARINA regional director; Commodore Jose Luviz Mercurio of the Philippine Coast Guard Iloilo Station; and Manuela Luisa Palma, acting Airport Manager of CAAP Iloilo.
The team is tasked to:
• Receive incoming OFWs, LSIs and other passengers; and collect and process health declaration cards (HDCs) and other required documents under Section 4 and Section 8 of Executive Order No. 128 issued by the governor;
• Monitor the health of incoming passengers with thermal scanners and other similar devices, as well as, ensure the performance of personal hygiene procedures, like hand washing and/or application of disinfectants, upon entry into the province;
• Perform quarantine procedures on any persons under monitoring (PUMs) and persons under investigation (PUIs);
• Register passengers with all the relevant data and information, and transmit the same to the respective city/municipalities for monitoring and execution of quarantine procedures; and
• Convene and coordinate to formulate measures and procedures in the execution of their functions and to do such other functions as maybe required.
“There is an urgent need to enforce the vital health and protective measures to be implemented by the PQ team in all ports of entry within the province of Iloilo,” Defensor said.
The city of Passi and the 42 municipalities in the Province of Iloilo are hereby enjoined to create their respective city and municipal quarantine teams. (Iloilo Capitol News)