Iskolar sang Iloilo Program opens scholarship application for 125 students
Iskolar sang Iloilo Program of the provincial government is looking for 125 scholars for this school year.
Scholars under this program get monthly stipends, cash assistance for learning, and incentives after graduation.
Qualified students may walk in to apply or do it online.
Poor but deserving Ilonggo students may now avail of the college scholarship of the Iloilo Provincial Government under its ‘Iskolar sang Iloilo’ Program. A total of 125 slots or 25 per congressional district are intended for students currently enrolled in first-year college.
Iskolar sang Iloilo Program is a four- or five-year scholarship that aims to assist bright students in the province by providing them the opportunity to pursue a college education. The Program was approved on April 29, 1996, through Provincial Ordinance No. 20.
With this initiative, the provincial government is empowering the youth in reaching their dreams and become productive individuals. The program is producing top graduates in various schools and universities in the province each year.
Accepted scholars are entitled to a monthly stipend of P3,500, learning resource assistance of P3,000 per semester, and P2,500 thesis/research assistance for graduating students.
All graduating scholars will receive P1,000 while those graduating with Latin honors will also get cash assistance. Summa Cum Laude graduates will get P7,000; Magna Cum Laude, P5,000, and P3,000 for Cum Laude.
Iskolar sang Iloilo Qualifications
- 1st-year college students with a Senior High School general weighted average (GWA) of 90% and above.
- Applicant’s annual gross family income is not more than P150,000.
- Bona fide residents of the Province of Iloilo.
- Applicants must have a good moral standing in the community.
- Applicants must have enrolled in any state universities/colleges in Iloilo.
Application for Iskolar sang Iloilo Program
The scholarship program accepts online and walk-in applications for interested and qualified students.
For WALK-IN application, here are the requirements:
A. Properly filled-out Application Form. Forms are available at the Human Resource Management and Development Office (HRMDO) at the third floor of the Iloilo Provincial Capitol.
B. Attach the following required documents:
1. Senior High School Form 138;
2. Certificate of Residency issued by the Barangay Captain;
3. Certificate of Indigency issued by the MSWDO /Recent Parent/s Income Tax Retum or Certificate of Tax Exemption issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue;
4. Picture of house: Inside view, outside front, outside back (you can use cellphones and print);
5. Vicinity sketch of your residence (use landmarks) from the municipal town proper;
6. One (1) 1×1 recent photo of the applicant.
C. Submit the above documents to:
Iskolar sang Iloilo Program
Human Resource Management and Development Office
3rd Floor, Iloilo Provincial Capitol Tel. Nos. 328-7961
For ONLINE application:
A. Fill out the Application Form through any of the following Google links:
2. https://bit.ly/ISIPSY21-22, or
3. Scan the QR Code below
B. Upload the required documents:
- Senior High School Form 138;
- Certificate of Residency issued by the Barangay Captain;
- Certificate of Indigency issued by the MSWDO/Recent Parent/s Income Tax Return or Certificate of Tax Exemption issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- Picture of house: inside view, outside front, outside back;
- Vicinity sketch of residence (use landmarks) from the municipal town proper; and
- One (1) 1×1 recent photo of the applicant.
You may contact the Secretariat of Iskolar sang Iloilo Program at HRMDO, 3rd Floor of Iloilo Provincial Capitol for inquiries. The telephone number is 328-7961.